I updated a few things on my bike.
A vegetarian option! This is another recipe picked up from Sam the Cooking Guy that could be varied depending on your choice of vegetables. Feel free to add in zucchini, peppers, onions on your grill (or grill pan) to your liking. Usually eggplant parm is breaded and fried making it less than healthy and more than complicated. This is a super-simple, don’t feel like cooking much option.
Makes 2 sandwiches
1/2 large eggplant
2 medium tomatoes
4 slices mozzerella cheese
2 crusty Italian type rolls, split in half
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Fresh Ground Pepper
1. Cut eggplant & tomatoes to get eight 1/4 inch slices of each
2. Brush eggplant with olive oil and season with salt & pepper
3. Grill eggplant on both sides until soft and marked with grill lines
4. Do the same with tomatoes, but for about half the eggplant time
5. Heat broiler, and toast buns lightly
6. Remove from oven and on top of the bottom roll place, in this order…
7. 2 slices of eggplant, 2 slices of tomato, 3 large basil leaves, mozzerella cheese and finally about 2 tablespoons of parmesan
8. Place openface under broiler to melt cheese and brown the top – but don’t go far you don’t want them to burn.
9. Eat as open-face half sandwich or put top on and enjoy
An AEPDX Meeting from Juliet Zulu is a nice short about two bike riders in portland (of course) who eventually cross paths. I’m not entirely sure why this video was made, but it’s shot really nicely, and the use of the type is great. According to AEPDX, “AEPDXâ€™s mission is to give visual and motion graphics effects artists in Portland a platform for communication, education and collaboration.” This again reminds me I need to get my hands on After Effects. Check out more vids at the AEPDX site.
Love this packaging by Hassan & Partners.